In between work and hosting my niece and her active two year old last week, I volunteered at the Outer Banks Wedding Show on Saturday at the beautiful Sanderling Inn in Duck. It was fun greeting the brides, grooms, friends and family and seeing all the incredible tablescapes and exhibits on display.
There are lots of places to get married on the Outer Banks; here are just a few:
- The Sanderling in Duck, new for 2012, the Soundside Pavilion will offer lovely water views of the Currituck Sound
- The Currituck Club, Corolla
- The Whalehead Club, 39 acres of spacious lawn with beautiful waterfront views of the Currituck Sound, sunsets and the nearby Currituck Lighthouse
- 108 Budleigh, located in the heart of historic downtown Manteo on Roanoke Island
- Elizabethan Gardens, Roanoke Island
- The Beach
The Wedding Show was sponsored by OBXBrides.com and featured over 60 vendors. From cakes and flowers, to music and photography, everything to make a special day perfect was on display.
A few of my favorite people were there too:
- Reverend Jay Bowman
- Dorothy Heath-Morris of Bells & Whistles
- Courtney Hathaway, photography
- Julie Dreelin Beach Productions
- Wes Stepp of Red Sky Café.
These folks know how to throw a wedding! For more information visit obxbrides.com.